- Presentation Deck
- Common Lit Text & Questions, "Stop and Frisk: Right or Wrong?"
- SCASS Rubric for Informational Text and the Companion to the Qualitative Scale
- Guide to What Makes This Text Complex
- Shared Annotation Guide
- Text-Dependent Question Analysis Guide
- Modified Fishbowl Discussion description
- Preparation Sheet for Modified Fishbowl Discussion
October 11, 2016
Using Aligned Resources at RISE Academy for Adult Achievement
On Tuesday and Thursday this week, educators at RISE Academy for Adult Achievement will be working on selecting and using resources that support the College and Career Standards for Adult Education (CCRS). Participants will begin the session reviewing the features of text complexity and text dependent tasks before moving on to apply this understanding to the selection of available open education resources. Teachers will complete the learning session by engaging in instructional moves they will focus on using in their classes this semester, Shared Annotations and Modified Fishbowl. Resources for the session can be found below.