The content for this first meeting was English Language Arts and the session began with a focus on reviewing the alignment of instructional materials to the standards and shifts using the EQuIP Rubrics. Participants then worked in grade-level content groups to engage in an instructional move, Modified Fishbowl Discussion. Finally, participants started planning for implementation of the discussion strategy in their classrooms. To provide evidence of and get feedback on student learning, participants will bring examples of student work to the next ELA professional learning session.
Materials for the session are linked below.
- Presentation deck in PDF and Keynote
- Focusing on the Core for All description and calendar
- Common Core Standards: ELA for K-12
- Instructional Shifts
- EQuIP Rubric for ELA and Literacy, Grades 3-12
- Grade 3 Materials
- Grade 7 Materials
- Grade 11 Materials
- Modified Fishbowl Discussion Strategy
- Super Annotator for ELA: Grades 3-5 and Grades 6-12
- Lesson Planning Template