- Presentation deck in PDF
- Reflection Note Taker
- College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Writing
- ELA Writing Standards Grades 9-10
- Instructional Practice Guides for ELA/Literacy
- ELA/Literacy Instructional Shifts
- Excerpted copy of "The Writing Revolution"
- Annotation Guide: Annotating for Claim-Reasoning-Evidence
- Model lesson for ranking evidence & argumentative paragraph writing
- Session II Instructional Moves
February 26, 2015
Shifting Instruction to the Core, ELA Session II: Writing to Sources
English Language Arts teachers and their administrators gathered this morning for the second session of Shifting Instruction to the Core. Participants continued their focus Instructional Shift 2 and Core Action 2 from their previous session, this time with an emphasis on writing to sources. The session included a reflection on teacher's classroom use of Keep It or Junk It, a review of Core Action Two and Argumentative Writing, a careful annotation of "The Writing Revolution", engagement in a lesson model for ranking evidence, and time to apply the lesson to their future lessons. Materials for the session are linked below.