Tuesday evening Washoe County teachers participated in the second of a two session in-service class, ‘Writing to Sources’ (information on the first session is in a previous post here). The focus for this final session was on supporting writing with exemplar lessons and the use of formative assessment. Throughout the evening, teachers collaborated around writing lesson exemplars, explored writing rubrics from the Nevada Department of Education and SBAC, and reviewed literature on formative assessment from the Carnegie Corporation and Kelly Gallagher. Resources for this second session are linked below. The next ‘Writing to Sources’ in-service will be held in the Spring of 2015.
- Session 2 Notetaker
- K-5 Annotation Matrix developed by Sarah Winnemucca Elementary School
- 'Scaffolded Writing' lesson
- NDOE Evaluation Guides for grades 3-5 can be found here and for grades 6 -12 can be found here (writing rubrics are on pages 7, 8, and 9 of both PDFs)
- National Center for Assessment K-3 Writing Rubrics
- Mini-Lessons to support writing developed by Washoe educators